Project management software is like the backbone of a successful project and team. It helps to plan, manage and execute multiple projects under one virtual roof which is perfect for project managers and teams.
Are you searching for the best project management software for your organization? Well, you are in luck! We have made the task easier and combined the top 10 project management tools into one comprehensive list. Check out the tools’ top features, pricing, and what’s special about them - and find the right solution for your business and project.
Microsoft Project helps to streamline the project, assign resources, keep track of budgets and assist with portfolio management. Best part, it integrates with the other products in the company - most notably Office 365, but also Skype and Sharepoint.
- Co-author while updating and editing tasks
- Pre-built reports that track progress and resources
Price: Starting from RM42.00 user/month
Looking for a user friendly software with a simplistic layout for a small team? Asana combines elements of project management, file storage, and collaboration which helps to manage projects across a team without the need for multiple emails.
- Project roadmaps and timelines with real-time charts
- Keep track of milestones and team progress with visual highlights
Price: Free for up to 15 members, paid plans start from $13.49 user/month
Regardless of your company size, Trello is one of the best tools for collaboration and project management as it provides the most visual framework for a team. It is great to manage short and quick daily tasks - as proven by over 1,000,000 teams worldwide that are using Trello.
- Built-in automation, Butler, reduces the number of tedious tasks (and clicks) on your project board
- Create unlimited task lists
- Image and file sharing
Price: Free for unlimited members up to 10 boards, paid plans start from $12.50 user/month for businesses
Serving over 100,000 organizations, this is the tool you need to manage everything in one workspace. Scheduling, tracking, and delivering your team’s best work has never been easier or more organized.
- Save time with unlimited automations set up
- Integrates with your existing tools with just one click (e.g.: Microsoft, LinkedIn, Swerve, Google Drive and many others)
- 8 different data visualizations including Kanban, Gantt, calendar etc.
Price: Starting from $8 user/month with a 14-days free trial
Align marketing, sales, and project teams around one view of your customers. As a project management and CRM software, Insightly helps to grow your business faster by building lasting relationships with your customers, through every step of the customer journey and different touchpoints.
- Complete view provided to customers from the first “hello” to delivery and beyond
- Easily build personalized marketing campaign
Price: Paid starts from $299 with 10,000 contacts included
Jira is designed for software development teams, making it the perfect IT project management tool. It is built to allow everyone in your team to develop, track and produce great softwares. Jira is widely known as a bug and issue tracker, but the tool has developed to be more than that.
- Customizable scrum boards
- Workflows and agile reporting with real-time, actionable insights
Price: Free for up to 10 members, paid plans starting from $70/month for 10,000 users
Clarizen is suitable for every company, from SME businesses to large multinational corporations. It is a cloud-based collaborative software that enables a team to view and develop projects. Not only that, Clarizen is also super flexible as you can customize the software to suit your business needs and preferences.
- Support different workstyles and hybrid methodologies to suit a company's needs
- Eliminates chaos and complexity - centralized digital proofing and approval process
Price: Pricing available upon request
Need to improve the productivity level of your team? Hive is your solution - just as how it is for other leading companies like Starbucks, Toyota and even Google. Revolutionize the way your team works by giving them the freedom to manage their projects their way. While you are at it, you can also streamline communications with the team by using Hive Email and Hive Chat.
- Integrations with over 1,000 applications
- Save time with many pre-created templates available - plus ultimate flexibility
Price: $12 user/month (if paid annually); $16 user/month (if paid monthly)
Celoxis is the complete project management solution that allows you to solve complex project management issues with its efficient user interface and simplicity. It also comes with all the necessary features so your team can focus on being productive rather than switching between different complicated tools.
- Project accounting, planning and tracking
- Resource and portfolio management with fully customizable dashboards
Price: $22.50 user/month for a cloud solution, $450 per user for an on-premise solution
Deskera is a project management software which is developed in Singapore and India - and with over 500,000 downloads, it’s well suited for startups and small businesses. It provides access and management of business functions such as invoicing, accounting, inventory, financial reports, CRM, payroll and more - essentially an all-in-one tool.
- Measure revenue against your business goals to keep track of your business health
- Track leads through your sales funnel and make the most of the opportunity
Price: $149 user/year with a 15-days free trial
That wraps up our list of the top best project management tools that simplifies project planning with a strategic overview of everything. This should allow you to make an informed decision on which management tools will better suit yourself and your organization.